Tuesday, January 19, 2021

JC Stewart shares new single "Break My Heart“

Northern Irish singer-songwriter and “Professional Sadboy” JC Stewart released his new pop bop “Break My Heart” – and it’s addictive!

JC is not an entirely new face in the music industry. He played in pubs for years and has been on tour with artists like Kodaline, Freya Ridings, Anne-Marie, Snow Patrol, Lewis Capaldi and James Bay. He is known for being a stunning songwriter and he co-wrote Lewis Capaldi’s track “Hollywood” from the singer's successful album “Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent”.

While having written a lot of emotional heartache ballads, “Break My Heart” is the first 'faster' pop-song he has released. The electric-guitar-based song captivates with fresh alt-pop energy, catchy hooks and JC’s distinctive powerful and emotional vocals, which will probably remind you of Sam Fender or Lewis Capaldi.

 At a first listen those pop sounds made me almost forget that it’s still a sad song about “someone who can catch you so off guard that they can ruin a city for you and tear your life apart”. In the chorus of the three-minute-long release, the singer clarifies with “if you’re gonna break my heart, then do it right” that it’s about an all-or-nothing relationship.

Maybe it’s not as heartbreaking as some of his previous releases like “Bones”, “Like I Did” or “Have You Had Enough Wine”, but with lines like “wish I knew a way to cut this/and make it the last time” or “you gotta leave my heart vacant” he proves that he remains true to his “Professional Sadboy”-attitude. “Break My Heart” was produced by TMS and co-written by Irish singer-songwriter Niall Horan, whose influences are recognizable in the chorus.

JC describes the song as “big, fast and fun”, which is also a perfect way to describe the song’s accompanying music video. Rapid cuts and different scenes with JC as one-half of a couple resonate with the pop energy of the song.

He was chosen as MTV’s Push Artist of this month and if you love stripped-down versions just as much as I do, you should check out his performance of “Break My Heart” and “I Need You To Hate Me” on MTV’s YouTube Channel. With warm electric guitar sounds and his soulful vocals he perfectly captured the true essence of “Break My Heart”JC Stewart is definitely an artist to watch.



Lisa Reyer
@lisareyer_music


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here;